California Consumer Privacy Rights and Choices
California Consumers may have certain rights in connection with the personal information we collect about you, many of which are subject to exceptions under applicable law:
The right to access and disclosure. You may have the right to request, twice during a twelve month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
The right to deletion. You may have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
How to exercise your access and deletion rights. California residents may exercise their California privacy rights by sending an email to privacypolicy@TheRealDeal.com, indicating “CA Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
For security purposes, we will verify your identity – in part by requesting certain information from you — when you request to exercise your California privacy rights. For instance, you may need to provide your unique identifier, or name and email address. To request that we provide you with the specific pieces of personal information we have from you or to delete personal information we have collected from you, we may also need to ask you for additional information to verify your identity.
Once we have verified your identity (and your agent, as applicable), we will respond to your request as appropriate:
- Where you have requested the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, we will provide such list in a written email to the email address you provide.
- Where you have requested specific pieces of personal information, we will provide the information you have requested, except where not permitted under applicable law or otherwise exempted by the CCPA. For instance, we may not disclose government ID or financial account number as such disclosure may create an unreasonable risk to your personal information, your account with us, or our business systems.
- Where you have requested that we delete personal information that we have collected from you, we will delete, deidentify, or aggregate, as appropriate, any information about you that is not necessary for the purposes indicated above. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
If we are unable to complete your requests fully for any of the reasons above, we will provide you additional information about the reasons that we could not comply with your request.
The right to nondiscrimination. We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. California law broadly defines sale such that it may include your information that may be “sold” to third party advertising clients as described in the Data We Share section of our Privacy Notice. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. You may send an email to privacypolicy@TheRealDeal.com, indicating “CA Privacy Rights: Opt-Out of Sale” in the subject field of your email.
Authorized Agents. You may also designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under CCPA as described above. We will take steps both to verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights as listed above, and to verify that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf through providing us with a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.